Office of the Registrar Veterans

Veteran Affairs Certification

Wheeling University is an approved institution through which men and women who have served in the Armed Forces can receive veterans' benefits.  Also eligible are dependents and spouses of veterans whose death or permanent and total disability was service connected. 

All veterans/reservists are required to complete the necessary Veterans Administration forms to obtain educational benefits at the beginning of each semester. You MUST submit a copy of your VA Enrollment form to the Veteran's Certifying Official 

Wilson Turner
VA Certifying Official

316 Washington Ave
Wheeling, WV 26003
Ph: 304-243-2090
Fax: 304-243-2349

To determine eligibility or find out more detailed information about your benefits, please go to

Once eligibility is determined, please complete the VA Memorandum.

Yellow Ribbon Program Agreement:

The Yellow Ribbon program offered by VA allows degree-granting Institutions of Higher Learning in the United States (colleges/universities) to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses not covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill for out-of-state students or those attending a private institution. The institution can contribute a specified dollar amount of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution, not to exceed 50 percent of the difference.

Wheeling University's contributions:

  • Undergraduate: (100 students) $9,999.00
  • Graduate: (25 students) $1,500.00
  • Doctoral: (0 students) $0